The College of Human Environmental Sciences at the University of Missouri is a college of more than 1,400 undergraduate and more than 400 graduate students located on a campus of approximately 35,000 students. Students are able to take advantage of all the great opportunities available on a large campus, while still maintaining an identity in a mid-sized unit in the College.
- HES is a medium-sized college with a personalized focus on students’ total development. Our graduates rate our advisors’ interest in their professional growth and well-being very highly.
- HES faculty have earned national and international research reputations while building programs that are valued by private citizens, government, business, and industry, as well as human services agencies.
- HES offers students real-world experience (see below).
- HES offers numerous scholarships and awards.
- HES offers many student organizations, which provide leadership experiences. There is an organization for every major, as well as college-wide student groups.
- HES has a contemporary land-grant orientation with campus and extension programs reinforced by strong research.
- Graduates from HES find jobs in the nation’s fastest-growing employment sectors.