On February 8, 2021, the University of Missouri announced the restructuring of the College of Human Environmental Sciences. On March 3, 2021, the University announced the new college homes of the five academic units in the College of Human Environmental Sciences. The transition of departmental faculty, staff, and students to new academic homes occurred on July 1, 2021.
- The Department of Architectural Studies is now administered by the College of Arts and Science. The department office is still physically located at 137 Stanley Hall.
- The Department of Textile and Apparel Management is now administered by the College of Arts and Science. The department office is still physically located in 137 Stanley Hall.
- The Department of Human Development and Family Science joined the College of Education & Human Development. The department office is physically located in 102 Gwynn Hall.
- The Department of Personal Financial Planning (PFP) joined the Division of Applied Social Sciences within the College of Agriculture, Food & Natural Resources (CAFNR). The department is currently located in 239 Stanley Hall but will move to Mumford Hall in August.
- Faculty in the Department of Nutrition and Exercise Physiology currently housed in HES moved into CAFNR in the newly formed Division of Food, Nutrition and Exercise Sciences. The department is still physically located in 204 Gwynn Hall.
- Extension faculty currently in PFP, along with the Center for Financial and Economic Education, joined the Marketing Department in the Trulaske College of Business, while Extension faculty in the Department of Nutrition and Exercise Physiology joined various academic units within the School of Health Professions.
- Extension faculty and staff in HES Youth and Family Extension will be moving to Gentry Hall in August.
- To find the new offices of individual faculty and staff, please search the MU Directory prior to visiting.
- Students in Nutrition & Exercise Physiology & Personal Financial Planning should direct questions to the College of Agriculture, Food & Natural Resources.
- Students in Textile & Apparel Management & Architectural Studies should direct questions to the College of Arts & Science.
- Students in Human Development & Family Science should direct questions to the College of Education & Human Development.
Graduate students should reach out to the following:
- Architectural Studies – Bimal Balakrishnan, email@example.com
- Human Development and Family Science – Ashlie Lester, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nutrition & Exercise Physiology – Jacqueline Limberg, email@example.com or Ben Sauro, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Personal Financial Planning – Starla Ivey, email@example.com
- Textile & Apparel Management — Jung Ha-Brookshire, firstname.lastname@example.org
Alumni and Donors:
Please continue to support the former departments of the College of Human Environmental Sciences by directly contributing to the units here. If you have questions about Advancement please contact:
- For the Departments of Architectural Studies and Textile and Apparel Management, please contact the College of Arts & Science Advancement Office.
- For the Department of Human Development and Family Science, please contact the College of Education Advancement Office.
- For the Departments of Nutrition and Exercise Physiology and Personal Financial Planning, please contact the College of Agriculture, Food, and Natural Resources Advancement Office.