Posted: Aug. 9, 2017
Aug. 17, 4:00 p.m., 22 Tate - HES Freshmen Fall Welcome
Aug 18, 2:00 p.m., 215 Tate - HES Transfer Students Fall Welcome
Aug, 19, 9:30 a.m., 1st Floor MU Student Center - Step Forward Day
Aug. 21 - First day of Fall 2017 term
Aug. 21, 11 a.m. - 12:45 p.m., Tiger Terrace, Memorial Union - Department of Nutrition and Exercise Physiology Eclipse Watch Party. Glasses and t-shirts available while supplies last
Aug. 21, 12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m., Carnahan Quad - Mizzou Eclipse Watch Party
HES New Student Welcome Meetings
If you are new to Mizzou, either as a freshmen or a new transfer student, you must attend a HES Fall Welcome meeting. If you are unable to attend, contact Alex Embree at 573-882-0673. Sorority recruitment will not overlap with HES Fall Welcome.
Freshmen Fall Welcome – Thursday, Aug. 17 at 4:00 p.m. in Tate 22
Transfer Student Fall Welcome – Friday, Aug. 18 at 2:00 p.m. in Tate 215
Step Forward Day
Interested in getting involved in volunteering at Mizzou? Step Forward Day is a service event for first-year and transfer students. Come out and join a fun morning of service on Saturday, August 19 from 8:30-1:00! Students meet for registration in the morning and can choose from a variety of volunteer locations. We have many service projects to choose from, including health, education, the arts, the environment, and more. Transportation, breakfast, and a t-shirt are provided and pre-registration is not required. Join us for the event kick off and volunteer registration starting at 8:30 a.m. on the 1st floor of the MU Student Center and take part in a fun morning of service in the Columbia community! For more information please visit service.missouri.edu or the OrgSync.
If you are unable to enroll in classes because of a hold on your myZou account, click on the hold to find more detailed information.
- Advising Hold – Contact your academic advisor; you may need to schedule an appointment with them and afterward they will contact the Student Services Office to release the hold
- New students: your advising hold will be removed after you meet with your advisor for Spring 2018 early registration. If you want to change your Fall schedule, please contact your academic advisor or visit 106 Gwynn Hall to discuss the changes
- Probation Hold – Contact HES Student Services to make an appointment with Victoria Shahan. This is only necessary if you are on Continued or Final Probation. Contact our office at (573) 882-6424 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For any other holds, use the directions and contact information listed in myZou to get the hold removed.
Required Trainings for News Students
- Online training to help students identify sex-based violence and utilize bystander intervention techniques
- If you are a survivor who prefers to opt-out, contact the RSVP Center: 573-882-6638
- Available here: Not Anymore Training
- If you do not complete the training, you will be unable to enroll in future semesters until you complete the training.
- For MU Tech Support, call (573) 882-5000.
- If you experience any barriers accessing this online training, contact the Disability Center at (573) 882-4696 or email@example.com
- In-person training to discuss issues of citizenship, identity, and critical thinking on a diverse campus
- You are only required to attend one Citizenship@Mizzou session. All sessions will be in Jesse Auditorium in Jesse Hall
- Available Sessions:
- Aug. 16, 8 a.m. - 10 a.m.
- Aug. 17, 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Aug. 17, 2 p.m. - 4 p.m.
- Aug. 18, 9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- Two part online training to help students understand alcohol and drinking
- Part 1 is available online here and must be completed in August 2017; Part 2 will be available around 45 days after you complete Part 1 and must be completed by October 24, 2017.
A total solar eclipse of the sun will sweep across the continental United States Aug. 21, 2017. The eclipse, with a total duration of 90 minutes, includes an area of “greatest duration” that falls above Columbia, Missouri. Click here for eclipse related events on campus!
Looking at the eclipse without protective glasses can damage your eyes. Before the eclipse, be sure to get safety glasses, available at the MU Bookstore.
If you've spent any time in Columbia this summer, you've seen plenty of construction on and around campus. For up-to-date information on projects, click here. You can select each project for more information on road closings and completion dates.
MU Career Center Part-Time Job Workshops
The MU Career Center will be holding workshops to help students find part time jobs. Sessions are available:
- Mondays and Thursdays the first four weeks of classes (8/21, 8/24, 8/28, 8/31, 9/7, 9/11, 9/14)
- 4:00 – 5:00 p.m. in the MU Career Center
December 2017 & May 2018 Graduation
Planning to graduate in December 2017 or May 2018? If you haven't already done so, submit your Evaluation for Graduation Form.
HES Student Organizations
Plan to get involved this Fall! Visit the HES Student Organization website to find college-wide, departmental, and honorary groups to join.