Posted: Apr. 19, 2017
Apr. 20, 4:30 p.m., Gwynn 220 - HES Talks hosted by the Dean's Advisory Board
Apr. 21, 10 a.m. - 1 p.m., outside of Gwynn Hall - HDFSSA Bake Sale
Apr. 21, 12 p.m. - 1 p.m., Jesse Wrench Auditorium - Lecture from Dr. Velma McBride Murry: Promoting Positive Youth Development Among African American Youth: Examining the Protective nature of African American Families
Apr. 21, 5:30 p.m., Dairy Lawn (corner of Rollins and College) - HES Kickball Tournament. Please RSVP here.
Apr. 24, 4:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. in 117 Gwynn - Women in Personal Financial Planning panel featuring current female professionals in the financial field
May 1, 3:30 p.m., 220 Gwynn - May 2017 Graduation Ceremony Q&A
For a full calendar of dates and deadlines for the Spring 2017 semester, visit the Registrar's Website.
The HES Dean’s Advisory Board and HES student organizations invite you to the first ever HESTalks event Apr. 20, 4:30 p.m. in 220 Gwynn! Like those other "talks" you’ve been inspired by, your peers will entertain you with short lectures about issues and current events relevant to YOUR LIFE! Students, faculty, and staff are welcome.
HES Kickball Tournament
The annual HES Kickball Tournament will be Friday Apr. 21, 5:30 p.m. - 7 p.m. at the MU Dairy Lawn. Sign up here.
Apply to be a HES Ambassador
Looking for a part-time job on campus and leadership development? The College of HES has just the opportunity for you!
The HES Student Services office is hiring HES Ambassadors for the 2017-2018 school year. The HES Ambassadors are a resource for nearly 400 new HES students and hundreds of prospective Mizzou freshmen and transfers each year.
Ambassador duties include, but are not limited to:
- Meeting with prospective HES students and families to provide information and tours of departments in the College of HES
- Participating in recruitment events for incoming Mizzou students
- Assisting new students with their engagement with the College
- Communicating regularly with new HES students about upcoming events, deadlines, success tips, etc.
- Collaborating with department student organizations and department faculty to plan and promote department specific opportunities.
- Coordinating college success workshops for first-year students
- Assisting students with basic advising needs and referring students to appropriate resources on campus
- Assisting with GN_HES 1100 – Introduction to Human Environmental Sciences
- Sophomore standing or above after spring 2017 semester
- Graduating May 2018 or after
- In good academic standing
- Availability for some evening and weekend hours
Starting at $9 per hour – 5-10 hours per week.
- Bring your résumé to the HES Student Services Office in 106 Gwynn and complete the online application questionnaire: http://goo.gl/forms/GwtYrGmXLY
- A reference form will be sent to up to two references identified in the online questionnaire.
Deadline to submit résumé and questionnaire is Friday, April 28 at noon. Email Alex Embree at email@example.com with questions.
Interesting in tutoring 3-5 year-old at-risk children and earn credit at Mizzou? Work with Jumpstart! Jumpstart requires a year-long commitment (both fall and spring semesters). Students must:
- enroll in six credit hours (one class per semester of participation) to earn academic credit for this program.
- Serve approximately 10 hours per week. Required hours for the position include:
- Two afternoon shifts, Tuesday and Thursday 3-7,including direct service with children as well as team planning meetings, based upon your school schedule.
- You must serve for the same afternoons during fall and winter semesters
Students will receive individual advising through the Office of Service-Learning to help create a course plan that meets your academic goals and requirements. Also, this program can apply to the Minor in Leadership and Public Service.
An information sessions will be in 7 Middlebush Apr. 24 from 5 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Advising Shout Out Award
Nominate your advisor for the Advisor's Forum Advising Shout Out Award. Information is available here. Nominations are due April 21st.
May 2017 Graduation Ceremony Q&A
Planning to participate in the May 2017 graduation ceremony? We will host an informational session for any last minute questions on May 1, 3:30 p.m. in 220 Gwynn.
Dean's Advisory Board
The Dean's Advisory Board is comprised of students from each HES department and each class to promote unity among the student body as well as provide social and philanthropic opportunities.
The last meeting of the semester will be May 4, 6 p.m. in Gwynn 208.