The Vanguard Society is composed of alumni and friends committed to the continuing support and development of the College of Human Environmental Sciences.
The society is open to alumni and friends of the College of Human Environmental Sciences, and nonprofit organizations affiliated with The University of Missouri-Columbia. Alumni or friends and their spouses may hold joint membership.
|Membership Levels||Outright Gifts or Pledges||Testamentary Gifts|
|Very Distinguished Fellow||$250,0000||$500,000|
|Ambassador||$1 million||$2 million|
Six levels of sustaining membership are available to donors who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Contribute or pledge one of the amounts, paid over a period of 10 years or less. All prior gifts to the College of Human Environmental Sciences and company matching gifts count toward membership. Irrevocable trusts qualify as an outright pledge or gift.
- Provide funding by means of a bequest, life insurance or other type of testamentary gift.
Annual membership is offered to donors who contribute gifts of at least $1,000 during any calendar year. Memberships are renewable on Jan. 1. All annual membership contributions count toward sustaining membership requirements.
Membership eligibility is established through gifts or pledges to any department or program in the College of Human Environmental Sciences. Designated gifts are invited for whatever fund or purpose the donor desires, provided such use conforms with the College’s mission.
Donors may request that their gifts be placed in a special endowment fund named for the donor or someone else. Earnings realized from such funds are used to support the purpose of the endowment. The minimum amount for an endowment is $25,000, payable over five years.
Donors also may designate their gifts as unrestricted, to support needs of the College that cannot be met with state funds, such as: scholarships, fellowships, research, faculty enhancement and many others.
Vanguard Society members have the satisfaction of knowing that they are shaping the College of Human Environmental Sciences for today’s scholars and for future generations.
- All members receive invitations to special Human Environmental Sciences events.
- Vanguard Society members’ names are recognized in various college and University honor rolls.
- All members are presented a distinctive gift from the college.
- An annual dinner honors society members.
- Members may receive dual membership in the Jefferson Club and the Vanguard Society.