Our Time to Lead
The College of Human Environmental Sciences has been an integral component of the Mizzou fabric for more than 110 years. Every day, our world-clas faculty members and vibrant scholars address human needs and enhance individual and family life in a diverse and global society.
Mizzou: Our Time to Lead
The history of the University of Missouri is one of private philanthropy. In 1839, more than 900 Boone County citizens pooled their resources to establish the university. To this day, thousands of people give to Mizzou each year because of the passion and pride we feel for our university.
The Mizzou: Our Time to Lead campaign will harness this spirit of generosity with a focus on endowments, signature centers and institutes and a campus renaissance. In doing so, the campaign will secure Mizzou's status as a destination university for the best students and faculty.
The Mizzou: Our Time to Lead campaign presents an exciting opportunity to advance the mission of HES. In particular, we seek support for:
- Endowed Faculty Positions: We seek support for endowed chairs and professorships in all HES units. Investing in our college's faculty can significantly impact research and training programs on diabetes or diversity, functional clothing or sustainable building, and healthy families or financial literacy. We improve the human condition!
- Scholarship and Stipend Enhancements - In view of the escalating cost of higher education, our priority is to increase the number and amounts of scholarships and graduate assistantships that we offer to prospective students, giving us a competitive advantage relative to our peer programs.
- Gwynn and Stanley Hall Capital Improvement - Significant naming opportunities remain in Gwynn Hall. Capital funds also are needed for renovations in Stanley Hall that will impact Architectural Studies, Personal Financial Planning and Textile and Apparel Management.
- Child Development Lab - Funds will support renovation and expansion.
- Dean's Fund for Excellence - Unrestricted endowments are esstential to the operation of a successful division. These funds allow the dean to direct resources to special opportunities when they arise.
- Office for Financial Success - The Office for Financial Success provides unbiased financial counseling and education and is a prime training ground for students enrolled in our certified financial planning educational program. Funding will address operating expenses, scholarships and graduate stipends.
- Integrated Behavioral Health Clinic - The Integrated Behavioral Health Clinic provides uninsured mid-Missourians resources for mental health needs. Funding will support the program, faculty and facilities.